I have access to Shinrarta Dezra/Jameson Memorial, finally. Having gotten my Exploration rank to Pioneer (20% ish), mostly through the Quince passenger mission exploit (if I’m honest), I was struggling to get it to go much further in what I consider to be a timely way. So I did the only sensible thing… hit up… Continue reading Founders Home World Permit Issued
Having made it to 24% Post Commander Federation rank yesterday, I figure with a massive chunk of passenger mission grind in Sothis (and a good deal of luck), I can make it to a Corvette this weekend.by
Just a Really Quick Update to say that after a couple of nights of (frankly) hell, my gaming rig is back up and running with ED and all my chosen tools installed, and I was able to comfortably complete a data delivery mission to test.by
Long time coming, but thanks to the Quince passenger mission loophole I was able to rank grind myself up to Duke for the Empire. I have a shiny new Cutter to go along with it (and a Beluga for the passenger missions).
I’ve also been (somewhat in parallel) grinding Federation rank. Made it to Warrant Officer so far, but I’m not buying the Fed ships until I can get a Corvette.
It’s a real shame there’s nowhere to grind Fed (anymore) that’s quite as good as Quince has been for Empire. I’m plodding backward and forward in a combat-rigged ‘Conda between Sothis and Ceos doing anything I can (mostly data transport and eliminating pirate lords), but there’s only one local power that’s Fed aligned, and even now that I’m allied with them I’m lucky to get more than a couple of missions off of them. Board logging gets me a few more, but once round the board log only takes a couple minutes (open, a couple of private, and solo), then you’re stuck waiting for the board to naturally refresh.
Oh well. Once I get my computer running again – Windows Update borked it overnight, so tonight will be a fresh install of 1607 to try to fix some other problems I’ve been having of late – I’ll continue plodding Fed rank, really need the credits…by
Well, I’m out of the Python and onto the space brick – I can see why Masark hates the Type-9. A weekend of trading in the Python got me close enough to the quoted 110 million credits (I made it to 105 million) that he advises for purchasing the Type-9, so I figured I’d make… Continue reading Progress, of a kind
IT’S OVER! The Imperial Rank Grind is done (for the moment). I now own an Imperial Eagle (Little Boy), Imperial Courier (Thin Man) and an Imperial Clipper (Fat Man) – do you see the naming pattern? 😉
So, it’s back to the trade grind, just not tonight.by
I’ve updated the underlying OS on the website to latest Ubuntu Server LTS, so WordPress is now running on PHP 7.0 (and may indeed be a little bit faster than it was before). Otherwise, same nginx and mysql, so we’ll see.
And the rank grind goes very well, I’m sitting at 89% and don’t intend to go any further tonight. The remaining 11% and a rank mission should be easy to achieve tomorrow, and I should still have time to sell the Asp Explorer and get an Imperial Clipper (and probably an Imperial Courier as well, but that’ll just sit in the station I buy it until the 2.2 update goes live)by
Quick update: Long day at work reduced me to a single 2-hour play session, at the end of which I was basically falling asleep in my headset 🙂
Long story short; 25% Lord (mostly thanks to a metric tonne of data transport missions, and a 200 ly smuggling mission I didn’t realise I had picked up; that netted me 2 million credits though)by
Having (finally) made it to step 7 of Masark’s Guide, and run a good few hours of loops, the trade grind was getting to me. I decided to switch over to Imperial Rank grind instead: what’s the point in having enough cash to buy all the Imperial ships if you can’t because you don’t have… Continue reading Fed up with trade grind? Try rank grind…
What with NeptunePink changing everything for the MC 1.7.2 version of Factorization, I couldn’t find a guide that explained what by